These are external walls consisting of two or three layers - an inner layer of the concrete superstructure, thermal insulation: styrofoam, PIR or mineral wool and a layer of surface texture made of architectural concrete.
Layered walls are used in the performance of external walls in residential and industrial construction. The external walls meet the task of building space covers both against the weather conditions and against other noxious or harmful environmental influences.
They consist of two or three layers (load-bearing, insulation and facade), where in their selection results from the functional requirements of the baffle and the properties of the materials used in it. In a building wall the inner layer usually meets the design task (load-bearing and stiffening). The insulation layer meets the task of the thermal insulation cover. In contrast, the outer texture layer meets the need to guard against weather and harmful environmental factors.
Advantages of layered walls
- have a greater thermal inertia, better accumulate the heat, resulting in improved microclimate.
- the outer surface texture layer meets the need to guard against weather and harmful environmental factors.(min. fungus, efflorescence salts,. moisture, frost destruction). Facade concrete layer fully protects against the destructive water ingress into the walls, it will not be damaged by frost and direct sunlight. The use of concrete with dense structure has the ability of simply rinsing the settling impurities. These quality parameters have impact on subsequent traits of the facade and the building, so called self-purification, they are not overgrown with algae, mold and do not get dirty. Stability is also related to the fact that the concrete is much more resistant to thermal and chemical action than the texture made of other materials.
- facade layer can be made of architectural concrete for many years remains unchanged and does not need any maintenance..
- facade layer protects against alternating cycles of temperature secures insuating layer effedtively against aging and deterioration of physical properties.
- wall construction ensures the elimination of thermal bridges. In particular this applies lintels, window and door jambs.